Time again for one of our round-ups of observations of changes in the Brattleboro scene. Here are a few things I’ve noticed over the last few days, weeks, and months. What can you add?
- The first bit of new bridge over Rt.30 is visible, showing a light-colored stone-patterned support column rising from the West River.
- The Brattleboro History Center on Main Street has a great display of Island Park materials. Photos and artifacts relating to baseball on the island, political events, the grandstand, the pavilion, and more.
- The candy store across from the Coop is closed.
- The dollar store near Price Chopper is no more.
- Hannaford is almost finished with a complete store overhaul, inside and out. Just a bit of work remains before the newly-paved parking lot, new entryways, and redesigned and decorated interior are all done.
- True Value hardware had their stone wall out front re-done. Each stone was taken down and put back, presumably tighter and with better lines.
- New Mexican restaurant downtown is open.
- Blue Moose and their gift store relocated closer to the Latchis.
- A clothing and jewelry “trading company” is taking the former space of First Run Video in Black Mountain Plaza.
- Brooks House had their open house at Gallery Walk and hope to be opening up for real in August and September.