After noting that there are only TEN candidates to fill 16 seats for District 1 three-year Town Meeting Members, I have decided to declare myself a write-in candidate.
If elected, I will represent West Brattleboro residents and interests to the best of my knowledge and ability.
My personal hopes and interests for West Brattleboro's future include:
- sustainable infrastructure planning and improvements,
- including increased walkability and traffic control
- the safety and health of vulnerable road users
- rainwater management and flood prevention
- affordable housing
- increase in services within walking distance
- increased attention to the needs of seniors and aging in place
As for myself, I am a writer and the mother of three children, and I serve as Managing Editor at BuildingGreen, Inc. I live on Western Avenue near 7-Eleven, and if you commute to or from West B., you might see my family walking to school of a morning.
Thanks for considering me! If you'd like to get in touch: