Countercurrents.org, Kerela, India and Minority Perspective, UK
List of articles which fail any intention to bring the law down upon the perpetrators of genocide in Gaza, a continuation of the colonial crime against humanity in Palestine, that forced creation, through a fomented war, of a new colonial state in British occupied territory. UN as successor to the League of Nations was obliged to respect and bring democratic independence to in fairness to all its residents
It is shocking how few are calling, and have not called over the years, for prosecution of Israelis under the universally recognized and signed on to Nuremberg Laws on genocide, crimes against humanity and crimes against peace. (And please everyone don’t be drawn in to any purposefully equivocating discussion of 'war crimes,' because there hasn’t been a war since World War Two, despite the deceptive labeling as a 'war' every years-long ‘police action’ or ‘humanitarian intervention’ by the Neocolonial Powers in order to foster protective Geneva Convention status to military forces bombing, invading and occupying smaller nations.)
Unfortunately for Palestinians, and fortunately for Israelis, very few of the First World’s informed intellectuals, reporters, journalists, writers, authors, peace activists and activist organization officials in their writings intimate that Israel is breaking the law, any law, let alone Nuremberg Principles laws regarding genocide, crimes against humanity and crimes against peace.
Former US Attorney General Ramsey Clark has given his name to encouraging journalists not to write interesting exposes, erudite explanations and newsworthy insights into the horror of the nearly continuous and ongoing genocide as Realpolitik, as if it were something other than prosecutable crimes against humanity and crimes against peace. Mass homicidal events are being avidly discussed as news and politics, almost never as crimes against humanity and crimes against peace, rather as if they were as unchallengeable as the weather. Professors and other intellectuals are, by such omission, leaving their reading public with the gut feeling that the lethal bombings, invasions, wars of occupation and covert violence are somehow lawful and that those engaging in, supporting and abetting this mayhem will not, and cannot, be brought before the law. [Prosecute US Crimes Against Humanity Now][http://prosecuteuscrimesagainsthumanitynow.blogspot.com]
Even in the very best alternate journalism, there has been much outcry, condemnation and detailing of atrocities being committed by the Israeli military on a civilian population, but signaling little or no apparent intention to do something about it. Below this text your author provides a list of such articles writing up the current tragedy in Gaza.
Come on, if this slaughter was taking place in the street in front of the homes of the writers and the readers of protest journalism, there would be a lot of shouting for the police to enforce the laws against murder, with the first intention of those shouting being to stop the killing. Of course to make this analogous circumstance comparison complete, one would have to mention that the slaughter in front of their homes has been going on for sixty-seven years precisely because almost no one shouting has been demanding and checking that laws against murder be used to prosecute the murderers, the shouting having been characterized by anger and commiseration or pity for the victims (all from a distant neighborhood), but without demand that the friends and fellow citizens of those shouting be indicted to bring an end to the almost continual flow of mass murder.
In her latest book, Capitalism - a Ghost Story, Arundhati Roy writes about criticism of imperialism from the Left in the First World being without intention to stop genocide profitable for speculative investment banking, the leaders of which invest heavily in NGOs that turn potential revolutionaries into social rights activists who ignore imperialist genocide in the Third (and plundered) World.
Perpetrators of, and participants in, crimes against humanity and crimes against peace are criminals! Journalists and authors who inadvertently give their readers the impression that they are not, are helping delay the eventual arrest, indictment and prosecution of criminals, a prosecution that will come after the balance of economic power in the world has shifted and the United States and Europe no longer have the power to use the threat of its sanctions to avoid being sued for millions of unlawful deaths, injuries, mega destruction of property and theft of natural resources in a court that will set up by a reconstituted United Nations.
When US citizens and citizens of its allies responsible for genocide are prosecuted, major writers, commentators and anchors of corporate owned and CIA fed mainstream media will be arraigned as Accessories After the Fact, many as Accessories Before the Fact. (Recall that at the incomplete Nuremberg Trials, five Nazi media personalities were convicted.) In this coming brave new world, the crimes committed by Secretaries of the UN Security Council acting in US and European interests will brought under criminal investigation, crimes not the least of which will be the colonial crime against humanity in Palestine, that forced the creation, through a fomented war, of an new colonial state in British occupied territory the UN as successor to the League of Nations was obliged to respect and bring democratic independence to in fairness to all its residents.
Here below is a list of articles which do not contain an inkling of an intention to work to bring the law down upon the perpetrators of genocide in Gaza, which would, and followers of Ramsey Clark believe will, bring about the prosecution of Israelis and citizens of other nations guilty of participating in crimes against humanity and genocide against nations since the conclusion of the intentionally imperfect but signal in legislation trial of Germans at Nuremberg.
There is no statute of limitation on murder and genocide in the Nuremberg Principles that are part of the UN Charter and as adopted, an integral part of the US Constitution, or the law of the land of the superpower that forced the creation, through a fomented war, of an Israeli state on colonially occupied Arab land mainly by survivors of the Holocaust denied refuge in the vast United States of America. (a Holocaust facilitated by huge investment and joint venturing by every one of Americans top fifty corporations that built the Wehrmacht of a economically prostate Nazi Germany up to the world's number one military power in five short years - while their lack of investments at home made for the direst depression in history.)
Most all the articles are big on outrage and moral indignation regarding atrocities reported, but not not reported on as prosecutable atrocities. (There are laws against genocide!) Martin Luther King cried out, “Silence is treason.” Well, the First World’s intellectuals and history professors are not being silent. They are on the contrary strongly condemning and protesting, just not intending to call for the prosecution that most certainly will make such atrocities unprofitable and inoperable in the future and raise a public desire and demand for justice that would inhibit the commission of genocide today.
Martin Luther King prosecuted racist crime in the court of public opinion, until racist crimes became prosecutable in the nations‘ courts. Lawyer Mahatma Gandhi prosecuted racist British crime in the court of public opinion; now in India, such crimes are prosecutable in Indian courts. The racist crimes of a European Zionism, gone berserk and wildly criminal for having been twisted to play to genocidal speculative investment banking interests in the US and Europe, have been prosecuted in the court of public opinion around the world and in the hearts a perhaps a billion or more Earthlings in spite of being only mourned as horrors in Left journalism, read honest journalism, of the First World.
- Blood for gas: Why Bibi is punishing Gaza, 7/14/2014, RT
- US Plays Decisive Role in Israel’s Attack on Gaza, by Jonathan Cook, Dissident Voice, July 23rd, 2014
- Gaza's Resistance Will Not be Crushed- /July 20th, 2014, Bombing the Paralyzed — by Ramzy Baroud, Dissident Voice
- Stars of David on Rockets Bound for the Comatose by by Paul Haeder / July 20th, 2014
- 4 Palestinian Children Killed in Gaza City While Playing on the Beach, Global Research, July 17,2014
- 'Ceasefire' to refuel Israel criminality - Intifada Palestine by Finian Cunningham / July 16, 2014, Intifada, Voice of Palestine-
- The coming struggle over Palestine, Ahmad Samih Khalidi 22 July 2014, Open Democracy
- Israel, not Hamas, orchestrated the latest conflict in Gaza, Washington's ironclad support for Israel provides effective shield for war crimes by Open Democracy, from Musa al-Gharbi | Al Jazeera America July 22, 2014
- Israel: International Anger Mounts By Felicity Arbuthnot, Global Research, July 23, 2014, “Mr Obama, do you have a heart? I invite you, spend one night – just one night – with us in Al Shifa’a Hospital.
- Israel, Not Hamas, Orchestrated The Latest Conflict In Gaza By Musa al-Gharbi, July 23, 2014 "ICH" - "Al Jazeera America'"
- HRW Whitewashes Israel, The Law Supports Hamas, By Norman Finkelstein, Some Reflections on Israel’s Latest Massacre. Norman Finkelstein
- PAC Is the Only Explanation for America's Morally Bankrupt Israel Policy By Stephen M. Walt, "The explanation for America's impotent and morally bankrupt policy is the political clout of the Israel lobby." Continue
- US Aid to Israel – The Real Deal | Counter Information by James Perez - 4 days ago - By Video
- Bombing the Paralyzed — Stars of David on Rockets Bound for the Comatose by Paul Haeder / July 20th, 2014
- Bodies lie in Shujayeh streets as thousands flee Israeli attacks on Gaza, July 20, 2014, WAMM MIDDLE EAST COMMITTEE, Thousands of Palestinians, barefoot and in their pajamas, streamed out of Shujayeh after a night of non-stop Israeli bombing. They described hours of terror, as tank shells slammed into homes, with no electricity and no way to escape. They called ambulances, but there was no way for the vehicles to get in under the constant fire. So in the end, thousands of desperate residents fled on foot at first light, walking two hours or more into Gaza City….more
- US 'totally behind' Israeli attack on Gaza: Sara Flounders, July 25, 2014, Press TV
- 8 Surprising Celebrities Outraged by Israel's Assault on Gaza Alex Kane, AlterNet, July 23, 2014
- UN Human Rights Chief: Israel Assault on Gaza Resembles 'War Crimes' July 23, 2014, Common Dreams
- Massacre in Shejaiya (War and Peace, Regions and Countries) Nearly ninety people were killed by Israeli forces today, most of them in one of Gaza’s poorest and most crowded neighborhoods. Sharif Abdel Kouddous, THE NATION, July 20, 2014 - Israeli War Crime: Video Shows Sniper Killing of Wounded Gaza Civilian
By Ali Abunimah Global Research, July 21, 2014
- Palestinian Human Rights Lawyer Raji Sourani Likens Netanyahu to Bin Laden for Killing Civilians, 7/21/2014, Democracy Now, When and where crime is mentioned, there is no hint of a possibility of coming prosecution.
In the above articles on the rare instance crime is mentioned, it is without even a hint of a possibility of prosecution, of justice, of compensation, indemnity, reparations.
Why will prosecution of basically genocidal events during what former US Attorney General Ramsey Clark calls the greatest crime against humanity since World War Two, namely US foreign policy, eventually take place? Prosecution and lawsuits for compensation, indemnity and reparations will take place because there is no statue of limitation on murder, whether of one human being or millions, and the world will not remain in the hands of the soulless speculative investment banking neocolonial wealthy beyond the culmination of the economic power shift that has already begun. New courts to try genocide of the erstwhile powerful untouchables will be created by a reconstituted, intelligently democratic and empowered organization of united nations.
All the more sad is the theme of this article for the present slaughter of Palestinians is been almost an exact repeat of the Christmas-time begun massacre in Gaza that took advantage of pre-inauguration hyatus of presidential responsibility in 2009 that took the lives of 1,600 Palestinians, more than 500 of which were children, and generated at least one article re Nuremberg Principles law:
The IDF Violated Nuremberg Principles During Operation ‘Cast Lead’
By Cesar Chelala October 15, 2009 "Information Clearing House"
Jay Janson is an archival research peoples historian activist, musician and writer; has lived and worked on all continents; articles on media published in China, Italy, UK, India and the US; now resides in NYC; First effort was a series of articles on deadly cultural pollution endangering seven areas of life emanating from Western corporate owned commercial media published in Hong Kong's Window Magazine 1993; Howard Zinn lent his name to various projects of his; Global Research; Information Clearing House; Counter Currents, Kerala, India; Minority Perspective, UK; Dissident Voice, Uruknet; Voice of Detroit; IranianNews; Ethiopian Review; Palestine Chronicle; India Times; Ta Kung Bao; China Daily; South China Morning Post; Come Home America; OpEdNews; HistoryNews Network; Vermont Citizen News have published his articles; 300 of which are available at: click http://www.opednews.com/author/author1723.html ; Weekly column, South China Morning Post, 1986-87; reviews for Ta Kung Bao; article China Daily, 1989. Is coordinator of the King Condemned US Wars International Awareness Campaign: (King Condemned US Wars) http://kingcondemneduswars.blogspot.com/ and website historian of Prosecute US Crimes Against Humanity Now Campaign http://prosecuteuscrimesagainsthumanitynow.blogspot.com/ featuring a country by country history of US crimes and laws pertaining.