Two more site updates you’ll want to know about.
First, we fixed an issue with the Polls where someone writing in an option got two votes. No more bonus votes will be counted this way.
We’ve also fixed an issue so that people who are not logged in can vote. It was previously thanking you for your vote, but not counting it.
We’ll see how it goes. It may take a couple of polls before we’re solid, so thanks for voting and helping us test. We’ll be testing a ranked voting poll soon which is sure to confuse us all.
Second, you can now go through the archives of Ye Olde iBrattleboro to find old stories and comments. There are a few things to know, though:
- The link to Ye Olde iBrattleboro is at the bottom of the left column of the homepage, along with the link to iBrattleboro at Archive-It.org
- The site has been disabled. You can’t comment or submit stories. We’ve turned off just about everything except stories and comments. It doesn’t quite look the same as before.
- You will be taken to Ye Olde iBrattleboro’s directory page. This directory shows all the stories in order of publication. Click on a year, month, and day to find things by when they were written.
- The directory list can be constrained to a single section topic, such as Nature, by using the pull down menu to the right. Remember to set this to All to reset and see all stories again.
- The search engine should work for most things. Remember that the Advanced Search is usually the better way to search Ye Olde iBrattleboro.
- Clicking on an author’s name will result in an error. This is because user’s accounts are now active on the new iBrattleboro, and turned off on the old site. Searching for names should work.
- You can, of course, continue to use the Archive-It archive of the site which has everything through February 6, 2013.
Otherwise, we're still going down the lists and working on more fixes and updates. Thanks again for your testing and feedback.